Monday, September 8, 2008

Around The Corner

Christmas is just around the corner and I am so excited. It is definitely my favorite time of the year.

This weekend I was cruising the Internet trying to find Mickey Mouse and Friends Christmas ornaments. Every year for the last 4 years I get a special ornament for me, ZK, and for the last 2 years, Madi. It's my little way of having memories from certain years based on what we like or what was popular that year. I always date them on the bottom so we know what year they are from. Well this year my little one is in LOVE with Mickey and his crew so I wanted to get some of them for her special ornaments this year.

After hours of searching I came to the conclusion that they are hard to come by and the ones I could find were waaaayyy out of my price range. I sat at my desk thinking about what to do. I thought about clay ones,(nah, too hard and I am not a very good painter), fabric ones, and then BAM! it came to me. I will make my own using decoupage.

I went to Michael's and got glass ornaments, Mod Podge Satin finish, snow flakes, and green ribbon. After looking for Christmas Disney pics that I could use for free, without "stealing" them off the Internet, I got to work.

I cut my image out with an exacto knife, then filled the ornament with fake snow, decoupaged my image to the ornament, and tied it with a ribbon. The finished product isn't perfect by any means but I think that makes it more special. ZK really liked them and I know that Madi will love them when we put them on the tree.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: