Thursday, October 23, 2008

Gingerbread Spice


So, I haven't updated in a few but I have a good reason. I have been working on my new Christmas handmade clothes to sell on eBay.

It's my first time making a twirl skirt and I have to say that it came out cute! Also, I have never made my own appliques before but I was pleasantly surprised at how well my little gingerbread girl came out.

OK, so what I did was got two different patterns of fabric that I thought went well together. Then I cut 18; 8 inch by 2 1/2 inch strips and quilted them together. Then I added a 4 inch band at the top with elastic. For the bottom ruffle of the skirt I pieced together 10; 6 inch by 2 inch pieces of fabric and gathered them.

For the shirt I used a "Granimals" brand white t-shirt. I made my applique from brown corduroy, red rick rack, and ultra hold heat-n-bond. I ironed my applique to the shirt and then stitched over it with red thread in a longer length of stitch, (I hope that makes some sense.)

Anyway, it's done and now I just have to figure out how much I want to charge for it on eBay.

I hope everyone is having a great week and if you're not just remember...tomorrow is Friday.



Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: