Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's Chilly

Another weekend came and went. I'm off on my days because ZK worked on Saturday and had Sunday and Monday off, so today feels like Monday to me.

My week has been pretty good thus far. Braydon finally decided that she wanted to be Cinderella for Halloween. I went to Joann's to get the fabric so I could get rocking on the costume. They are having some major sales. I got glittered satin in baby blue and white for $2.50 a yard and blue tulle for $1.29 a yard. Yesterday I went back to Joann's to get some deep red crushed velvet so that I can sew a cape for Christine's Belle costume. It was only $3.49 a yard. They really have some great deals.

I went shopping on Sunday afternoon and ended up at Hot Topic. I rarely go there because the music is really loud and it irritates me which must mean that I am getting old. Anyway, they had a Yo Gabba Gabba t-shirt there that I got for Madi. It's the only place I have ever found one.

Today I went to the cleaners to pick up ZK's carharts. The zipper tabs break on him and rather that buying new craharts I opted to call around to see if anyone can replace them. I went to Holiday Cleaners where it cost $6.00 a zipper and they had them done the next day. I was really happy with their service and they are just really nice ladies in there.

I also went over to Target. In case you didn't know Sleeping Beauty came out today. They have really been advertising for it on the Disney channel. When they play the music video for one of the songs Madi just dances around so I figured that this one was a must have. They are having a lot of sales at Target like "buy this item and get a free gift or gift card". When you purchase the Sleeping Beauty DVD and the Sleeping Beauty doll you get the dress up costume for free. The dress is about a $18.00 value so I guess it's a good deal. I didn't do it because Madi doesn't really play with barbie type dolls so it's just a waste of money to me.

All in all this week has been so far so good. It's pretty chilly in my house today so I think I am going to find a sweatshirt and drink some coffee. I hope all is well with everyone and you all have a great day.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I am loving this weather! Of course last weekend it was really chilly but Fall time brings such beautiful days. What a blessing to be able to live in God's country.