Thursday, October 16, 2008

Project Of The Day



Madi is always is the kitchen getting into things she should not. I have it child-proofed out the wazoo but where there is a will there is a way. Anyway, I decided that she needs something to do in there so she stays out of the fridge, dishwasher, and pantry.



As I was reading my new issue of Family Fun magazine, I came across a reader submitted idea: Take a puzzle, add some magnets, and turn it into fridge art. So that's what I did.


I went to Dollar Tree and got a Winnie the Pooh, 25 piece puzzle. I already had a roll of magnet tape, and I used utility scissors because you don't want to mess up your good scissors. Cut your magnet strip into little strips between a 1/4 - 1/2 an inch wide. Then remove the tape on the back of the magnet, attach to the puzzle piece and viola! You have a child safe, entertaining, refrigerator magnet.


Madi loved it instantly and I figure that if it gets ruined or some pieces go missing, no biggie. I only spent $1 on the whole project.

Hope everyone has a great evening.


***For more great ideas check out familyfun.com***


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Don't you just love that magazine? That puzzle is a great idea!