Thursday, October 2, 2008

Yum, Yum!

Tonight for dinner I decided to try a new recipe for crockpot meatballs. I'm excited to make these because I am testing out my new crockpot. I had to get a new one because my old one broke, actually it shattered.

Last week when I was making my grocery list I went to the fridge to see what we needed. Now, we keep a couple of our appliances on top of the fridge like the fry daddy, blender, food processor, and the ill fated crockpot. As I shut the door to the fridge my little crock pot, that I have had for 5 years and was given to me by my mom, fell to the floor. It was like slow motion. It completely shattered. I was in shock I guess until I heard Madi crying because the noise had scared her. Bummed doesn't explain how I felt. I loved that little crock pot.

I went to the computer and decided that I needed to find a new one and I like to do my research. With winter coming and all the soups, stews, and other warm winter meals I liked to cook I needed a good one. I found that Rival crockpots had the best reviews and then tried to decide what size I needed. My old one was a 4 quart. Since we are only growing as a family, with Bobby here all the time, and I like to take stuff to my mom's for holidays I decided on a 6 quart, traveling crockpot.

I went to Target and yay, the had the one that I wanted on sale for $29.99.

So I guess I was meant to get a new one and I can't wait to try all my recipes in it. I will have to double all the ingredients to feed my brood, but at least I have a crockpot that will cook enough to feed my family.

So, here is the recipe that I am making tonight:
1lb of ground beef
1/2 cup of dry breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of salt (We use sea salt)
1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce (I omitted this because it doesn't agree with hubby)
1 egg
1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese
1 32 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce

1: Place the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl and mix together with your hands
2: Shape into around 30 1-inch balls
3: Cook over medium heat in a frying pan, turning occasionally, until brown (about 20 mins)
4: While doing this pour the jar of sauce in your crock pot and set it at low heat. (I spiced up my sauce with a tablespoon of garlic, some onion powder, and pepper)
5: When the meatballs are done place them into the crock pot with the sauce and let simmer for about 2 hours. Stir them occasionally.
6: When the meatballs are done you can enjoy them with pasta, on buns with mozzo cheese, or just about any way you like.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

How did they turn out? What did you serve them with?