Saturday, November 29, 2008

Belated Happy Thanksgiving

Well, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I know I'm late but I have just been lazy for the last 4 days. I had a nice Thanksgiving with my family and I did a little shopping this evening. So all in all a great 5 day weekend.

I can't believe some of the sales stores are having. Even groceries are starting to come down. With $1.86 a gallon gas it was inevitable but still a nice surprise.

I picked up a few more presents for Madi and got started on the rest of the family. I even went to Sportsman's Warehouse for my step-dad and brother-in-law's presents. If you know me, you know how odd it is for me to go there. I think we have had that store in this town for 5 years now and I have only been in there twice. Once for work boots and tonight. Anyway, they had a great deal on these Field and Stream watch/leatherman kits. Seriously, I got a great deal. They didn't have a tag on them and there was no record of the item in their store computer so they gave them to me for $10!!! I looked them up on the internet when I got home and they go for $30. I made out like a bandit.

I ran over to Old Navy and got my little sister some shirts for $5 a piece, my older sister her present,and a few more gifts for my nieces and nephews. I still have no idea what to get my mom but I know it will come to me. I thought about getting her a Starbucks coffee set but those things are ridiculously priced.

I put my tree up on Friday and Madi can't seem to leave it alone. It's like a tractor beam just pulling her in. I also got out my other decorations and came across this Winnie the Pooh train that I bought last year on clearance after Christmas. It has Tigger and Pooh on it and they sing some Christmas carols while on a train. Madi loves it and it is now a new toy. I keep trying to show her the difference between a decoration and a toy but I don't think she cares. It lights up and plays music so it's a toy.

Well I think I'm going to call it a night. Hope everyone else is having a great weekend.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Score for you! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. How many pies did you end up making?