Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Yummy



Last night I tried out a new recipe that was in my Family Fun magazine. Both ZK and Bobby saw this recipe and asked me to make it. I have to say that it made me feel good that they actually do read my parenting magazines, especially ZK.

Well, it was a really easy recipe and it was a big hit so into the recipe box it goes. I thought I would share it with everyone on here.


Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
3/4 cup of minced onion
1 garlic clove minced
2 teaspoons of cumin (I only used one)
2 teaspoons of chili powder (again I only used one)
1 1/2lbs of ground beef
2 Tablespoons of Tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
12 flour tortillas

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute until the onion has softened (about 6 mins) Add the cumin and chili powder and cook stirring for another minute. Add the beef and cook (while breaking up any lumps) until the meat is no longer pink. Add the tomato paste, salt, and pepper and cook the mixture for another 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve with tortillas and the garnishes of your choice. We used cheddar cheese, feta cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and a taco sauce (the one made by Taco Bell. You can get it at any grocery store in the mexican food aisle)

They were so good and filling. Plus I had leftovers for me and Madi for lunch today.

Hope everyone has a great day.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I LOVE tacos. I use my own seasonings too... I don't like the store-bought stuff so much. Yum!