Saturday, January 17, 2009

Nothing Exciting....

My title says it all. I haven't done anything too exciting this week. Unless scrubbing the shower for 30 minutes is exciting. Seriously, 30 minutes!! I think I may invest in that Scrubbing Bubbles automatic shower cleaner.

I have been on a cleaning kick all week. I even cleaned out our hall closet that holds our coats and shoes. I'm just sick of all the crap that's just laying around. I ended up taking two bags of trash to the dumpster just from that little closet. I am a hoarder and I married a hoarder so there is literally crap that we don't need and don't use just laying around. We still had our Guitar Hero boxes from last Christmas. I even threw out shoes. My shoes. I had to be cut throat. It killed me but I have to say that I love the fact that I can now open the door and shit doesn't fall out on top of me.

I also did our bedroom. Man, do I have a lot of clothes. Man, I threw out a lot of clothes. OK, I didn't throw them out...I gave them to the thrift store. I got rid of almost all of my pre-Madi clothes. They just make me bummed because I can't fit into them anymore. I am on the road to feeling better about me.

I lost 2 pounds this week by sticking to my resolution. I have been exercising every morning and eating only fresh fruits and veggies for breakfast and lunch. I also traded in my tea and one Pepsi a day habit for just water. Plain old water. It takes some getting used to when I all I want is a Pepsi with three maraschino cherries in it. Oh, that sounds good. OK, I'm done dreaming. I saw this tip that you should drink a full glass of water before dinner to help fill you up so you eat less. It backfired on me a couple of times this week. I eat less at dinner but by 9:00 p.m. I am freaking starving. So I drink more water and have a piece of fruit. Nobody says change is easy.

So that's my week. Today I am heading to my mom's to get a bookcase to hold all of my fabric so I can get my craft room organized. I hate not being able to find my fabric and supplies. Pretty exciting.....

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments: