Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Easter Dress

Today I finally finished Madi's Easter dress. It is so cute and I love it. I purchased my fabric at Hobby Lobby. I got a yard and half of it and I'm glad I did because I used all of it.

We went out this afternoon to get some pics of her in it. The weather finally perked up and it is a lovely 70 degrees out. Madi enjoyed going out and running off some of her never ending energy and I got my money shot.

Photobucket


You know at $5 a yard making Madi clothes has really saved me money. Plus,her dress is one of a kind and made just for her so it fits perfectly. When you have a child who is almost 3 and wearing a size 4 already that comes in handy. Madi is really tall so it's hard to find dresses and pants that are long enough.

I started sewing almost 2 years ago and I have come a long way. At first I had no idea how to gather, sew a button hole, attach a zipper, or put on an applique. Thanks to You Tube and a few magazines I think I do pretty good work. Plus, it's fun and relaxing.

Well, I'm going to get off here and figure out what to make for dinner. I hope everyone is having a good week so far.

No comments: