Thursday, May 28, 2009

Handmade Surgical Hat

As some of you may know my mom works at the Surgical Center in Montrose. She is the person who sterilizes all the surgical equipment and makes sure the trays are together for the surg techs. Anyway, she has to be in total sterile gear and she also has to have her head covered. She and the other employees there get these handmade hats to wear that way they don't have to wear those ugly disposable green ones all the time.

Last night she asked me to make her a few of them. I had an idea of how they were made but not having ever made one I thought it would be a great project. So, I picked out some fabric out of my container and got to work this morning. It took about an hour to complete and I think it looks pretty awesome. When my mom gets home tonight I will have her try it on and see if there needs to be any adjustments.

Photobucket

FYI: Just so you know these hats are sterilized before they are allowed into the clean room.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great week. Only two more days until our store is open for business, (cross your fingers).

No comments: