Sunday, May 24, 2009

Long Time Gone

I'm back! Sorry for the lull in posts but I have been crazy busy. With the move, working on my new store (yay, I am so excited), and my family drama I have had no time. So let's get on with it shall we?

So, my nephew Zac is the source of the family shake up here. He had a seizure last Tuesday and his dad and I had to rush him to the ER. Talk about scary. I have never drove so fast in my life. He is ok so far but they are taking him to the Denver Children's Hospital to find out what happened. The doctors are predicting that he will have another seizure in the next 6 months so we are all on watch. It's just terrifying. This little boy went through such an ordeal and he's only six. So any good thoughts or prayers you have please send them my sister's way.

I am still sifting through the rubble that was our move. I keep having to make a trips to the storage shed. I can tell you that our little shack at my mom's is filling up fast. I keep having to move stuff around to accommodate our growing pile. The bright side is that I have a roof over my head and I am here by my family, which during this time really is good for my sister. She is just a wreck and I need to be here to help keep her smiling and taking the load from her every now and then.

My mom and I officially opened our new store last night. It will take a week for the host to get all of it together and our person that we bought our layout from to get it on there but I am so stinking excited. We changed the name to "Miss Madi's Emporium." I love it. Anyway, I am working hard to make my things to put in it so I will have more info for you when that comes to pass, hopefully this next weekend.

Madi's birthday is approaching fast and I finally settled on a theme. She is digging Tinkerbell right now so we are going to go with that. I really think she will like it and there is so much Tinkerbell stuff out there that it should be one heck of a good party.

ZK's grandma and Aunt Tina came for a visit this weekend and it was nice to see them. We haven't seen them since ZK's dad passed last year. They were so excited to see Madi and they spoiled her rotten. About half way through the visit Mad warmed up to them and I got some great pics.



Well, I guess that is all for now. I will be posting my new creations throughout the week so keep an eye out. Also, look for my post about our new store. Hope everyone had a great Memorial day and have a wonderful week.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm looking forward to browsing your new store. :) Your nephew is in my prayers. Amanda had a seizure a few years ago but the Dr's figured it was a one time thing, thank goodness!

Let me know when you can get together.