Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Vintage Inspired Handbag

Yesterday was craft day at my mom's so we all gathered at her house to work on some new items. I picked up this awesome western style toile fabric at the local craft store and thought it would make a great handbag for my older sister.

It only took a few hours to complete and I have to say I love the finished result. I used a basic handbag style and lined the inside. I used these great wooden handles that I picked up at Joann's and I finished it off with a vintage broach that my mom had that is a horseshoe with a rose in it.

Tara really liked it and my mom tried to steal it from her so I think it's a hit over here. I also started work on a vintage inspired clutch but I lost momentum and gave it a rest for the day. I hope to get it finished and crank out another one before the weekend is out.

Well, I have to get my rear moving so I can help my little sister get ready for my niece's birthday party. I hope everyone is having a great afternoon!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: