Saturday, June 6, 2009

Faux Cupcake

For the last week I have been attempting to make faux cupcakes. I have seen them all over the web and fell in love with them. After searching forever on how to make them I came across some instructions that I thought were pretty good. Seemed easy enough, just use plaster of paris. Soooo wrong.

I have been trying to get these damn things "iced" for a week. I just could not find a spackle that worked right and didn't just slip off before it could dry. So, after asking my hubby, who was a professional painter, he suggested a drier spackle.

After my trip to the local hardware store I think I found the right stuff. Anyway, I attempted again tonight and all I can say is at least the "icing" stayed on this time. I think it's going to be a work in progress but I thought I would show you all my first finished one.


Well, I am going to call it a night but I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

No comments: