Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Christmas Tree Ornies


Today I decided to try my hand at making some Christmas inspired ornies for my upcoming craft show. Ornies are something that you hang as an ornament or use in a bowl as a filler. I have made some hearts and chickies before but this was my first try at making a tree.

I started my project with some stained gingham green fabric, cinnamon sticks, stained cheese cloth, and some rusted hardware. I used my own pattern. The fabric used to make the tree is stained with my own recipe of coffee, vanilla, and cinnamon. I took some cinnamon sticks my mom had and cut them in half and used them as the tree trunk. I made some stamped tags and added some holly and a rusted bell and heart.



I think they came out really cute. They will be available at my craft show at the first of December.

I hope everyone is having a great afternoon.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Too cute! Is your craft show here in town?

*jamie* said...

Thank you and yes! It's here in Delta at the rec center the first weekend of Decemeber.