Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Coraline Inspired Button Earrings



Our project today is a pair of "Coraline" inspired button earrings. Love the movie, the colors, and the ideas that sprang forth from my dear niece C. She LOVES this movie and wants to be Coraline for Halloween. I decided to make these earrings based off of what she has told me she wants.

First off: Supplies

Scissors
Needle & Thread
Hot Glue Gun
Buttons ( I used black based off the movie but you could use any color you wanted)
Earring Post with a flat base ( I got mine at my local craft store and used gold)
Earring Backs


Step 1: Free sew your button. I use this term loosely because I'm not sure if it's correct. You want to sew the button like you would if you were sewing it on a piece of fabric but you're not. If you know what I mean...


Step 2: Your are going to want to dab a little hot glue of the flat base of your earring post. Just a dab. Then apply your sewn button to your post.


Your finished project should look something like this:

I think it looks very Coraline like. I hope C loves them. Remember that you can use whatever color buttons you want to create the look you want. I think I may try them again with pink.

I hope you enjoyed my super easy, two step tutorial. Have a great day!

No comments: