Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Dr Seuss Quilt!

This Christmas I put together a quilt for my sweet daughter featuring Dr. Seuss characters. She loves anything Seuss and it was time for me to make her another blanket. The last one I made her was Blues Clues when she was 2.
I thought I would run into some trouble finding some Seuss fabric because they don't make it anymore but thanks to etsy I had no trouble. This lovely lady had some fabric that fit the bill and was reasonably priced considering the fabric is discontinued. If you need some cute fabric drop on by and give her a look here.
It took me a few weeks to put together along with all the other Christmas goodies I was doing but the look on my baby's face on Christmas morning was worth it.
I decided to use black and white polka fabric with solid red and yellow. I also found this great blue star fabric that matched Horton that fit in with the quilt perfectly. I am super happy with how it turned out. Quilts are not my strong suit which is why I don't sell them but I think that in 30 years my girl won't care how it looks just that her mommy made it for her.



No comments: